With the state of today's economy, competition for jobs is FIERCE. Expungement is a process in which a person asks a court to have the record of a conviction or criminal charge removed from his or her criminal record. Having your record sealed makes you a better candidate for any job.
At The Law Office of Craig W. Smotzer, LLC we can assist you with expunging your criminal record. We can answer questions about how to expunge or seal your criminal record or to find out whether expungement is a possibility for you contact our office.
Expungement may be granted:
- If your case was disposed of after successful completion of a diversion program. You can apply to have the criminal charge sealed from your record. In Cuyahoga County there are diversion programs for some drug offenses, theft cases, and other non-violent offenses.
- If you were convicted of a crime because you entered a guilty plea or were found guilty by a judge or jury, you can apply to expunge the conviction from your record. There are several crimes that cannot be expunged, including violent crimes such as murder/manslaughter, sex offenses, drunk driving, (DWI/OVI/DUI) and some kinds of domestic charges.
- Craig W. Smotzer, Esq., frequently helps people seal their criminal record. The advantage of an expungement is that the dismissed charge or conviction no longer appears on your criminal record. If you are applying for a job or housing, you will no longer be obligated to disclose certain parts of your criminal history. However, even though your record will be sealed from the public, law enforcement officers and prosecutors will still have access to your criminal records.
- Jurisdictions where we have handled similar cases:
- Expungements in Rocky River Municipal Court
- Expungements in Garfield Heights Municipal Court
- Expungements in Berea Municipal Court
- Expungements in Cleveland Municipal Court
- Expungements in Elyria Municipal Court
- Expungements in Lorain Municipal Court
- Expungements in Cleveland Heights Municipal Court
- Expungements in Broadview Heights Mayors Court
- Expungements in North Ridgeville Mayors Court
- ExpungementsI in Kelleys Island Municipal Court
- Expungments in Ottawa County Municipal Court
Cleveland Criminal Defense Attorneys | Ohio Criminal Defense Attorneys | DUI Defense Lawyers | OVI Defense Attorneys| Drunk Driving Defense Lawyers | Cleveland Drug Offense Lawyers | Cleveland Drug Possession Lawyers | Cleveland Drug Trafficking Lawyers | Cleveland Drug Cultivation Lawyers | Cleveland Drug Manufacture Lawyers | Cleveland Area Assault Lawyers | Cleveland Area Robbery Lawyers | Cleveland Business Lawyers | Cleveland Business Negotiation | Cleveland Entrepreneurial Lawyers | Cleveland Car Accident Lawyers | Cleveland Traffic Accident Lawyers | Cleveland Dog Bite Lawyers | Cleveland Business Negotiation |